Compliance, shipping and tax
For USA based retailers, it’s even more important to keep up to date with interstate direct shipping following the landmark ruling in Tennessee Wine & Spirits Retailers Association v Thomas. Since states cannot discriminate against out-of-state economic interests state legislatures will need to decide whether to allow all retailers direct shipping of wine or none.
State legislation in favor of direct shipping has been made more likely by the global pandemic, which has substantially increased consumer-led demand for delivery services in general, and is speeding up the migration to digital.
Compliance, shipping and tax features
- The Hub integrates with best-of-breed compliance and tax information services
- Sales tax and applicable alcohol taxes determined by appropriate jurisdiction
- Direct shipping reporting
- Filing excise returns
- Retailer product registration
- Direct integration with shipping systems Fedex, UPS
- Option to offer personal importation where direct shipping not permitted
- Tariff options in Hub webshop’s checkout process for immediate shipping from outside of the USA or tax free storage in region of production whilst tariffs apply
Delivery costs can be maintained in the Hub for national and international services.
Different tax statuses can be managed including:
- In bond/ sales tax suspended
- Duty and VAT/ TVA paid
- Duty paid delivered (DPD)
- Tax free