Wine Storage Companies
A complete storage management proposition suited to fine wine, and that will ensure accurate landing of stock, full warehouse functionality, whilst delivering a total client-facing fine wine information-rich, cellar management solution.
- An integrated approach to sector-specific warehouse management software (WMS)
- Information-rich on-line collection management for storage clients that is fully integrated with the WMS
- Partner-integrated solutions for compliance, Interstate rules and tax in the USA and excise management software in the UK
- Online client access to stored wines via a configurable collection management platform
- Product definitions, data, valuations, reviews and price graphs for over 370,000 fine wines
- Standardised fine wine descriptions for improved accuracy of stocks integrated with inbounding and landing wine workflow and inventorying
- Warehouse maps including location loading, customer wine-location(s) look up.
- Barcode/ license plate production and scanner-integration for flawless put-away, movements and consolidations.
- Stock take and reconciliation
- Configurable billing engine that includes parameters for volume discounts, special offers and one-offs.
- Configurable picking and outbound/ shipping processes
- Trading options include self-directed brokerage automation, e-commerce integration and a trading exchange.
“Our wine collector clients immediately fell in love with the look and feel of our new inventory system. I have seen a 50% increase of clients accessing their accounts via our new Nest Egg portal, and this has provided me with a great opportunity to connect with our clients.
The Wine Owners team rose to the challenge and provided insightful guidance and expertise helped shape the solution”.
Value we bring
- Industry-specific warehouse management functionality and a distillation of wine storage best practise, combined with a best-of-breed client portal for collection management of their stored wines (client reserves management). A unique combination guaranteeing you meet or exceed the expectations and needs of storage clients. Increases client loyalty and spend, and extends their warehouse relationship.
- Full suite of warehouse management functionality combined with with fine wine inventorying at its core substantially improves the speed with which wines can be landed, inventoried and allocated to space. Underpinned with a large wine reference database that reduces errors, improves the accuracy and consistency of wine descriptions and reduces client queries and mis-picks.
- Innovative, compliant solutions integrate with the warehouse and client facing reserves management including self-directed consignment or brokerage and integration with a 2-sided marketplace. This delivers on the needs of consumers with wine collections and opens up a new revenue stream that’s proven to deliver a very fast return on investment within a year.
What it includes
The dashboard provides a comprehensive overview of all warehouse management functions, encompassing landing wine processes, inspection photos, putting away, billing calculation and generation of charges, the warehouse map, outbound wine (request, approve, process, ship) client user accounts and wines.
The landing wine workflow incorporates a referential database of 24,000 wines with the option of adding custom wines for an efficient workflow for inspections and photography, barcode or license plate generation.
A single warehouse or multiple locations are supported, with corresponding levels of administrative access controls, nationally or internationally. Each warehouse map can be created or loaded rom csv files, with functions to view, search and edit, and allocation of wine to the warehouse space is assisted by a traffic light system showing loading by location.
Standard calculation of storage and other fees can be easily set up, with the ability to override the standard tariff and apply special terms to specific clients, if required. Reporting tracks standard and non-standard agreements. Integration is via a web service or a feed into an accounting API.
Stock movements between ‘cellars’ can also be done through the administrative interface, and there is also a stock picking function with optional zoning.
Stock taking / reconciliation
Reconciliation and stocktaking is done in conjunction with the use of handheld scanning devices with associated exceptions reporting. The purpose of this function is to provide a quick, accurate and easy to use facility to check the stock levels are correct and to track stock movements.
Delivery (outbound) requests will integrate with the WMP warehouse functions, or with teams and API integration with background systems. For every request initiated by clients email notifications are triggered to specified parties, admin reports are completed
Give your storage clients the world’s best own-branded, white label-able collection management platform. Everything they need to manage, value, track and appreciate their wine collection – access to wines stored with you and their wines stored elsewhere (should you wish to offer that configuration).